Field Service engineer
As a Field Service Engineer you will be mainly commissioning production lines and providing service to our clients worldwide. Participation in a multidisciplinary project team.
Who are we?
Kuipers Food Processing Machinery is a worldwide specialist in processing nuts, snacks, potato products and savouries. Since 1985, our company has been specifically focusing on food processing systems, giving us the experience and in-depth knowledge to deliver the best solutions on the market.
Innovation and sustainability is at the core of everything we do. We are continuously working to improve our processes and technology. Our team of experts is a mixture of both engineers and salesmen which all have over ten years of experience within the industry. Our technology is present in more than 60 countries worldwide.
At Kuipers we value our technology, our innovative team and new ideas. You will have the opportunity to be part of a small team in an informal environment with plenty opportunity for growth.
The main location of your employment will be our headquarters in Woerden, Netherlands, however, the role includes many travel opportunities. These depend on the new and ongoing projects.
Forming part of the service department means helping our customers, both internally and on location. In terms of content, this includes the activities and responsibilities:
- Supervising the installation of production lines on site
- Commissioning of production lines
- Training client’s staff members regarding future operations of the machinery
- Processing and reporting changes or updates made during commissioning
- Assisting clients remotely
- Maintaining machine history and service records
- Preparing and processing quotations for spare parts
- Contributing to the design of the technology
- Fixing mechanical and electrical malfunctions if necessary
- Basic PLC (Siemens/Rockwell)
In addition, it is possible that your assistance may be required in other departments. The activities will be related to your function and may include things such as purchasing machine parts or testing production lines in the workshop.
In order to be able to perform your position as a Field Service Engineer as well as possible, it is important to meet the following job requirements:
- You have a good understanding of technical aspects
- A HBO/WO in an engineering/technical field is a plus
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Service Engineer or other related area
- You speak English, other languages are a plus
- Availability to travel regularly (up to 70%)
In addition to a healthy dose of motivation and the will to learn, working at an engineering firm must suit you. If you like variety in projects and would like to work for an organization that pays a lot of attention to its employees, then Kuipers is for you! The lines of communication are short and you can even walk into the director’s office!
If you wish to apply or receive more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to attach your CV and cover letter!
We look forward to welcoming you in the team!